New Cliffords Fort - Drill Hall
Station Terrace in Tynemouth.
The Tyne Electrical Engineers.
Formed in 1888 as Tyne Division Royal Engineers (volunteers) Submarine Miners for the defence of the Tyne entrance.
The unit was based on Clifford’s Fort adjoining Fish Quay until 1928 before moving to this New Clifford’s Fort drill hall.
The “Tynes” survive still as 72 Engineer Regiment (Tyne Electrical Engineers) (V) at Gatehead.