Milbourne Grange is located on the north side of Mill Burn in Milbourne, Northumberland. East Grange Farm and West Grange Farm are located close to the village and were presumably associated with the Grange.
MILBURN-GRANGE, a township, in the parish of Ponteland, union and W. division of Castle ward, S. division of Northumberland, 11¼ miles (N.W.) from Newcastle-upon-Tyne; containing 37 inhabitants. This township, called also North Milbourne, comprises about 610 acres, separated from Milburn by a deep and narrow glen, through which runs the burn from which both townships derive their name; it is situated west of the road from Newcastle to Belsay. The vicarial tithes have been commuted for £9; and the impropriate for £72. 16., payable to Merton College, Oxford.
Extract from: A Topographical Dictionary of England comprising the several counties, cities, boroughs, corporate and market towns, parishes, and townships..... 7th Edition, by Samuel Lewis, London, 1848.