Lupton, Cumbria


Lupton is a village in the South Lakeland district of Cumbria. The village stretches along the A65 road, about 4 miles north west of Kirkby Lonsdale. It forms part of the wider Civil Parish of Lupton; historically, Lupton was a township in the ancient Parish of Kirkby Lonsdale.

LUPTON, a township, in the parish of KirkbyLonsdale, poor-law union of Kendal, Lonsdale ward, county of Westmorland, 3¼ miles (W. by N.) from Kirkby-Lonsdale; containing, with the hamlet of Crowbrow, 285 inhabitants.

Extract from: A Topographical Dictionary of England comprising the several counties, cities, boroughs, corporate and market towns, parishes, and townships..... 7th Edition, by Samuel Lewis, London, 1848.
from Geograph (geograph)
The Plough Inn, Lupton

Pinned by Peter Smith
from Geograph (geograph)
Terrace of cottages at Cowbrow Foot, Lupton

Pinned by Peter Smith
from Geograph (geograph)
Footbridge, Lupton Beck

Pinned by Peter Smith
from Geograph (geograph)
Cowbrow Foot

Pinned by Peter Smith

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES