Lambton Arms, Chester-le-Street
The Lambton Arms Hotel is located on Front Street in Chester-le-Street. It was originally built as a coaching inn at a time when Front Street formed part of the Great North Road, the main route from London to Edinburgh. Following the retirement of the landlord, Thomas Burn, in c.1900 the building was extensively remodelled. The current building has a distinctive castellated turret on the corner at the junction of Front Street and Station Road.