Topics > County Durham > Civil Parishes in County Durham > Wycliffe with Thorpe Civil Parish > Historic Buildings and Monuments in Wycliffe with Thorpe Civil Parish

Historic Buildings and Monuments in Wycliffe with Thorpe Civil Parish


Listed buildings and scheduled monuments in Wycliffe with Thorpe Civil Parish, County Durham, from the the National Heritage List for England[1]. Use the Search (below) if looking for a specific building / monument.

Structure List No. Grade Built~ Note
Barn and Attached Farmbuildings to North of West Middleton Farmhouse 1121662 II    
Church of St Mary 1322763  I C13th Wycliffe
Coach House Range to North of Thorpe Grange Farmhouse 1161235 II    
Farmbuildings to West of Thorpe Grange Farmhouse 1322761 II    
Garden Wall and Attached Outbuilding to North West of Wycliffe Hall 1121623 II    
Girlington Hall Farmhouse 1161242  II*    
Granary and Stable to West of West Middleton Farmhouse 1310168 II    
Milestone 30 Metres South East of Thorpe Grange Farmhouse 1121659 II    
Mounting Block to South of Gates to Old Rectory 1121622 II    
Old Rectory West House 1161318 II    
Old Schoolroom to North East of Roman Catholic Church of St Mary 1310211 II    
Outbuildings to North of Old Rectory, West House 1322764 II    
Presbyterry to Roman Catholic Church of St Mary 1121657 II    
Railings, Piers and Gates, to West of Roman Catholic Church of St Mary 1161182 II    
Roman Catholic Church of St Mary 1322759 II    
The Nest 1161309 II    
Thorpe Farmhouse and Adjacent Outbuildings 1322760  II*    
Thorpe Grange Farmhouse 1161229 II    
Thorpe Hall 1121660  II*    
Wall and Attached Outbuilding to North West of Thorpe Hall 1161252 II    
Wall to North and East of Wycliffe Old Rectory 1161331 II    
Walls to South of West Middleton Farmhouse 1121661 II    
Walls, Railings and Gatepiers to South of Thorpe Grange Farmhouse 1121658 II    
West Middleton Farmhouse 1161273 II    
Whorlton Suspension Bridge, over the River Tees 1322762  II* 1831 Partly in this parish.
Wycliffe Hall 1322784  II* Medieval Fortified house with C18th wing
Wycliffe Old Rectory 1121663 II    
Whorlton Suspension Bridge 1002299 n/a 1831 Scheduled Monument. Partly in this parish.

Primary source: the National Heritage List for England - NHLE is the register of nationally protected historic buildings and sites in England, including listed buildings, scheduled monuments, protected wrecks, registered parks and gardens, and battlefields. The list is maintained by Historic England. Check NHLE for updates and new entries.
Secondary sources: British Listed Buildings and Keys to the Past.

Wycliffe with Thorpe Civil Parish Whorlton Suspension Bridge Church of St Mary, Wycliffe Wycliffe Hall
Church of St Mary, Wycliffe
  Co-Curate Page
Church of St Mary, Wycliffe
Wycliffe Hall
  Co-Curate Page
Wycliffe Hall
- Overview Map Street View A medieval fortified house in Wycliffe, County Durham, which was substantially remodelled in the early-mid 18th Century. The North-west wing was built  c.1780, as museum for ...
Whorlton Suspension Bridge
  Co-Curate Page
Whorlton Suspension Bridge
- Overview Map Street View The toll bridge over the River Tees at Whorlton, County Durham, was opened in 1831. It was designed by John and Benjamin Green of Newcastle, who ...

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.


ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES