Topics > Cumbria > Civil Parishes in Cumbria > Mungrisdale Civil Parish > Historic Buildings and Monuments in Mungrisdale CP

Historic Buildings and Monuments in Mungrisdale CP


Listed buildings and scheduled monuments in Mungrisdale Civil Parish, Cumbria, from the the National Heritage List for England[1]. Use the Search (below) if looking for a specific building / monument.

Structure List No. Grade Built~ Note
Askew Rigg 1327026 II    
Barn 4 Metres South East of Croft House and Attached Barn 1137937 II    
Bishopspot 1137680 II    
Blake Hill Farmhouse and Blake Hill Cottage 1144829 II    
Blakebeck and Adjoining Barns 1137506 II    
Boundary Stone 1469794 II    
Boundary Stone at East End of Low Mill Bridge 1312206 II    
Boundary Stone at West End of Low Mill Bridge 1145618 II    
Boundary Stone North East of Murrah Crossroads 1312128 II    
Boundary Stone North of Murrah Crossroads 1145627 II    
Boundary Stone South of Low Mill 1319017 II    
Boundary Stone South of Moss Dyke 1319019 II    
Boundary Stone West of Entrance to Low Mill Farmhouse 1145617 II    
Bridge over the Glendermackin at Southerfell 1137846 II    
Chapel House and Adjoining Former Barn 1312151 II    
Church of St Kentigern 1137800  II* 1756 Mungrisdale. On medieval site
Churchstile 1319018 II    
Copyhill and Adjoining Barns 1137828 II    
Croft House and Adjoining Barn 1144831 II    
Croft House and Adjoining Barns 1145621 II    
Crook a Fleet 1145619 II    
Eycott Farmhouse 1312262 II    
Farmhouse in Centre of Haltcliff Bridge Hamlet 1145613 II    
Former Farmhouse and Adjoining Barn North East of Roundhouse 1145629 II    
Former House Barn North East of Southerfell Cottage 1319020 II    
Former School (Mungrisdale Post Office) 1145624 II    
Gate Farm and Gate Cottage and Adjoining Former Barn 1312120 II    
Home Farm Cottage 1319013 II    
K6 Telephone Kiosk 1404147 II    
Low House and Number One Low Moorend 1145614 II    
Low Mill Farmhouse and Adjoining Barn/Byres 1319016  II*    
Lowside 1137523 II    
Marks House and Adjoining Barn 1319015 II    
Middle Farm Cottage 1312135 II    
Middles' Farmhouse and Adjoining Barn 1145622 II    
Moor End Farmhouse and Adjoining Barns 1145620 II    
Mosedale Bridge 1145623 II C19th Mosedale. Over River Caldew
Mosedale House 1137755 II    
Mosedale Quaker Meeting House and adjoining stables 1137704 II 1702 Mosedale
Saw Mill North of the Mill House 1319014 II    
School House 1145626 II    
Southerfell Cottage 1145628 II    
Southerfell Farmhouse 1137838 II    
Thwaite Hall 1145616  II*    
Under Howe with Adjoining Barn and Former Stables 1144830 II    
Undercrag and Adjoining Barn and Woodshed 1145625 II    
Wham Head Farmhouse 1145615 II    
Carrock Fell tungsten, lead, copper, and arsenic mines and the remains of an early 20th century tungsten mill 1019958 n/a   Scheduled Monument
Roman camp south of Field Head Farm 1010824 n/a   Scheduled Monument
Troutbeck Roman fort and annexe 1010827 n/a   Scheduled Monument
Large univallate hillfort, two round cairns and medieval shieling on Carrock Fell 1011592 n/a   Scheduled Monument

Primary source: the National Heritage List for England - NHLE is the register of nationally protected historic buildings and sites in England, including listed buildings, scheduled monuments, protected wrecks, registered parks and gardens, and battlefields. The list is maintained by Historic England. Check NHLE for updates and new entries. Secondary sources: British Listed Buildings.

Mungrisdale Civil Parish Quaker Meeting House, Mosedale Mosedale Bridge Church of St Kentigern, Mungrisedale
Quaker Meeting House, Mosedale
  Co-Curate Page
Quaker Meeting House, Mosedale
Mosedale Bridge
  Co-Curate Page
Mosedale Bridge
- Mosedale Bridge crosses the River Caldew, between Mosedale and the hamlet of Bowscale in Cumbria. The single span bridge is built from coursed Skiddaw slate, with sandstone coping. It was originally a packhorse bridge, ...
Church of St Kentigern, Mungrisedale
  Co-Curate Page
Church of St Kentigern, Mungrisedale
- Overview Map Street View St Kentigern's Church in the village of Mungrisedale was built in 1756 on the site of an earlier medieval church. The church was restored in 1925. ...

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.


ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES