Topics > County Durham > Civil Parishes in County Durham > Greater Willington Town Council area > Historic Buildings and Monuments in Greater Willington

Historic Buildings and Monuments in Greater Willington


Listed buildings and scheduled monuments in Greater Willington, County Durham, from the the National Heritage List for England[1]. Use the Search (below) if looking for a specific building / monument.

Structure List No. Grade Built~ Note
Barn and Gin Gang to South of Stonecheser Farmhouse 1228811 II    
Barn, Byres, Hemmels, Loose Boxes and Gin Gang to North of Oxclose Farmhouse 1228808 II    
Brancepeth Bridge 1279375 II    
Church of St Stephen 1279374 II 1857  
Fallowfield 1229320 II    
Goodwell Field Gamekeeper's House 1229328 II    
Outbuildings to East of Goodwell Field Gamekeeper's House 1229330 II    
Oxclose Farmhouse 1228927 II    
Roman Catholic Church of Our Lady and St Thomas 1431010 II    
Stonechester Farmhouse and Cowhouse Adjoining 1279376 II    
Willington Hall and Attached Outbuilding 1228908 II    
Willington, Oakenshaw, and Page Bank War Memorial Cross 1442998 II 1924 By the entrance to Willington Park
Brancepeth Castle - Grounds 1000729 II C14th Listed Park and Garden. Partly in this parish.

Primary source: the National Heritage List for England - NHLE is the register of nationally protected historic buildings and sites in England, including listed buildings, scheduled monuments, protected wrecks, registered parks and gardens, and battlefields. The list is maintained by Historic England. Check NHLE for updates and new entries.
Secondary sources: British Listed Buildings and Keys to the Past.

Greater Willington Town Council area War Memorial, Willington Church of St Stephen, Willington
War Memorial, Willington
  Co-Curate Page
War Memorial, Willington
- Overview Map Street View The war memorial for Willington, Oakenshaw, and Page Bank is located in Willington, by the entrance to Willington Park. The memorial cross was built to commemorate ...
Church of St Stephen, Willington
  Co-Curate Page
Church of St Stephen, Willington
- Overview Map Street View St. Stephen's is the parish church in Willington. The church was built in 1857, designed by J.A. Cory. It was extended in 1868 and again in ...

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.


ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES