Topics > Northumberland > Civil Parishes in Northumberland > Netherwitton Civil Parish > Nether Witton Parish, 1848 > Healy with Comb-Hill Township, 1848
Healy with Comb-Hill Township, 1848
HEALY, with Comb-Hill, a township, in the parish of Nether Witton, union of Rothbury, W. division of Morpeth ward, N. division of Northumberland, 10 miles (W.N.W.) from Morpeth; containing 36 inhabitants. It comprises 805 acres, and consists of three farms, called respectively North and South Healy, and Comb-Hill, and which are part of the Nether Witton estate. The north and east portions of the township have the river Font for a boundary, near which the soil is fertile, but in other places it is principally grassland of poor quality. Here is a water corn-mill, named Healy mill.
Extract from: A Topographical Dictionary of England comprising the several counties, cities, boroughs, corporate and market towns, parishes, and townships..... 7th Edition, by Samuel Lewis, London, 1848.
Comb Hill is a hamlet located a short distance to the north-west of the village of Netherwitten in Northumberland, on Comb Hill Road.
Add a comment or share a memory.