Haggs Mine, Nentsberry
Haggs Mine at Nentsberry, between Nenthead and Alston, was a former lead and zinc mine. There had been mining in the area from at least the 18th century. The peak of production at Haggs Mine was in the 1930s and a it was owned by a succession of different mining companies. Mining ceased in 1953 and the mine was formally abandoned in 1958. One of the buildings once associated with the mine has been rennovated and is now Haggs Bank Bunkhouse, which is next to the old 'horse level' mine shaft entrance into Haggs Mine.