Free Trade Inn, St Lawrence Road
The Free Trade Inn is located on St Lawrence Road in the Ouseburn area of Newcastle. The Inn was rebuilt in 1896, with alterations in 1919 when it was taken over by Scottish & Newcastle. It closed in 1947 when Scottish & Newcastle wanted to transfer the licence. Reopened as a beer house, but The Free Trade Inn had to wait until 1963 to be granted a full drinks licence.