Topics > Northumberland > Heddon-on-the-Wall > Close House > Former Stable Block

Former Stable Block



The 18th century stable block at Close House was converted for use as 'The Courtyard' hotel accommodation, which opened in 2012. The building is Grade II listed, as is the flower planter beside it.
Close House Grade II Listed Historic Buildings and Monuments in Heddon-on-the-Wall CP
from Geograph (geograph)
The Courtyard, Close House

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
The Courtyard, Close House

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
18th Century stable block north-west of Close House

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from https://historicengland.org...
STABLE BLOCK AND ATTACHED WALL APPROX 60 YARDS NORTH-WEST OF CLOSE HOUSE - List Entry
- "Stable block. Early C18 and 1779. Ashlar with Welsh slate roof. Partly rebuilt in old brick to rear. Three ranges round courtyard with low wall and gateway closing south side ...

Added by
Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
Rear of former stables, Close House Hotel

Pinned by Simon Cotterill

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.



List number: 1303648
List grade: 2
County: Northumberland
Grid ref: NZ1262665922

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES