Former Railway Station, Castle Eden
The former railway station in Castle Eden is located by the bridge that carried Stockton Road over the railway line. The original station was opened in 1832 for the Hartlepool Railway and Docks Company Railway. The station was closed to passengers in 1952, and closed to freight in 1964. (Source: Pastscape). The former station has since been converted for residential use.
Note: the station has no connection with the Castle Eden Railway, which was a separate line and didn't stop here.