Topics > Tees Valley > Middlesbrough > Middlesbrough - Town Centre > Linthorpe Road > Former Bank Building, 141 Linthorpe Road

Former Bank Building, 141 Linthorpe Road


No. 141 Linthorpe Road in Middlesbrough was built in 1912 by T.B. Whinney (London) and J. Forbes (Middlesbrough), for the London City and Midland Bank.[1] The former bank building is situated on the corner of Linthorpe Road and Borough Road; currently (in 2018) houses the Acropolis, Greek restaurant. The building is Grade II listed.

Linthorpe Road 1912 Grade II Listed
from https://historicengland.org...
MIDLAND BANK - Linthorpe Road - List Entry
- "Bank, 1912 by T.B. Whinney (London) and J. Forbes (Middlesbrough), for London City and Midland Bank. Brick, faced with sandstone ashlar. Lakeland slate roof; copper-roofed lantern; flat asphalt-roofed wing ...

Added by
Simon Cotterill

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.



List number: 1139852
List grade: 2
Grid ref: NZ4936420071
District: Tees Valley

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES