Ferneybeds Colliery (1910 - 1924)


Ferneybeds Colliery, near Widdrington Station in Northumberland, opened in 1910. It was owned by the Widdrington Coal Co. Ltd. By 1914 there were 278 people employed at the colliery (237 working below gound and 41 working on the surface). The colliery was short-lived and was abandoned in 1924.[1]

from http://www.dmm.org.uk/colli...
Ferneybeds Colliery

Added by
Simon Cotterill
from Flickr (flickr)
Ferney Bed Colliery, Northumberland, 1909

Pinned by Peter Smith
from IllustratedChronicles (flickr)
W Redpath - 7th NF - Ferney Beds Colliery (Wounded)

Pinned by Peter Smith

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES