Topics > Northumberland > Falstone > Falstone Railway Station (1861 - 1958)

Falstone Railway Station (1861 - 1958)


The railway station at Falstone was built on a line of the Border Counties Railway, which had been absorbed into the North Eastern Railway by the time the station opened in 1861. The station was closed to passengers on the 15th of October 1956, and closed to freight two years later. The station and platform survive; the main station building is now a private residence and The Waiting Room is a holiday let.
Falstone 1861 Former Railway Stations
from Geograph (geograph)
Falstone Railway Station

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
Falstone Railway Station

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
Falstone Railway Station

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
Disused railway line near Falstone Station

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
Old railway bridge, Falstone

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from http://www.disused-stations...
Falstone Station
- ".....The station was a temporary terminus, in 1861-62, as the Border Counties Railway pushed from Hexham towards Riccarton Junction. The platform on the up side, extended to 85yd, had a ...

Added by
Simon Cotterill

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.



ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES