List number: 1154687
List grade: 2
Keys to the Past HER: N15008
Grid ref: NU0100148457

Pumping Engine House, Scremerston Colliery


ERECTED AD MDCCCXL

BY THE COMMISSIONERS

OF GREENWICH HOSPITAL

JOHN GREY ESQ. RECEIVER

MESSRS JOHNSON & CARRS

COLLIERY LESSEES

THOMAS FORSTER ESQ.

VIEWER & ENGINEER

MR. W. ELLIOT,TWEEDMOUTH

BUILDER

from Geograph (geograph)
Pumping Engine House at Scremerston Old Mine

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from https://historicengland.org...
PUMPING ENGINE HOUSE AT SCREMERSTON OLD MINE - List Entry
- "....Pumping-engine house at coal mine. 1840 for the Commissioners of Greenwich Hospital. Rock-faced stone with iron water tank. 3 storeys with cast-iron water-tank on top, 2 bays. Round-headed windows now ...

Added by
Simon Cotterill
from http://www.keystothepast.in...
Pumping engine house at Scremerston Old Mine (Ancroft)
- "The pumping engine house at Scremerston Colliery was built in 1840 for the Commissioners of Greenwich Hospital....."

Added by
Simon Cotterill

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES