Dalton Piercy Township, 1848
DALTON-PIERCY, a township, in the parish of Hart, union of Stockton-upon-Tees, N.E. division of Stockton ward, S. division of the county of Durham, 8½ miles (N. by E.) from Stockton; containing 78 inhabitants. In 1370, Henry, Lord Percy, sold this manor to Sir John Nevile, of Raby; and it remained with the descendants of that proprietor until the forfeiture by the family, since which time the lands have been divided. In 1684 the families of Chilton, Boyes, Watson, and others, held the freeholds. The township comprises by computation 960 acres, and is situated east of the road from Stockton to Hart.
Extract from: A Topographical Dictionary of England comprising the several counties, cities, boroughs, corporate and market towns, parishes, and townships..... 7th Edition, by Samuel Lewis, London, 1848.