Topics > Northumberland > Clarewood

Clarewood


CLAREWOOD, a township, in the parish of Corbridge, union of Hexham, E. division of Tindale ward, S. division of Northumberland, 8½ miles (N.E. by E.) from Hexham; containing 55 inhabitants. It is a small village, seated on an eminence, north from the Roman station of Halton-Chesters. Adjoining is a small colliery.

Extract from: A Topographical Dictionary of England comprising the several counties, cities, boroughs, corporate and market towns, parishes, and townships..... 7th Edition, by Samuel Lewis, London, 1848.

Northumberland Corbridge Parish, 1848
from Geograph (geograph)
West Clarewood

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
Farm buildings, North Clarewood

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
Pastures near South Clarewood Farm

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from http://www.keystothepast.in...
Clarewood (Whittington)
- "This is the site of the deserted medieval village of Clarewood, first recorded in 1296. It survived as a village until the late 17th century when most people left. By ...

Added by
Simon Cotterill
Corbridge Parish, 1848
  Co-Curate Page
Corbridge Parish, 1848
- CORBRIDGE (St. Andrew), a parish, in the union of Hexham, E. division of Tindale ward, S. division of Northumberland; comprising the townships of Aydon, Aydon-Castle, Clarewood, Corbridge, Dilston, Halton, Halton-Shields, ...

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.



ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES