Church of St Oswald, Heavenfield, near Wall
The church here is built on the site of the Battle of Heavenfield in c.634 AD, when King Oswald of Northumbria defeated Cadwalla. It is located in an isolated position, about 1½ miles north-east of the village of Wall. The church can be accessed via a footpath leading from the B6318 road. The church, on a medieval site, was rebuilt in 1737. It is a Grade II listed building on the National Heritage List for England.