Topics > Tees Valley > Kirklevington > Church of St Martin and St Hilary, Kirklevington

Church of St Martin and St Hilary, Kirklevington


The Church of St Martin and St Hilary in Kirklevington has a history going back to the 12th century. The church was rebuilt in 1882-1883 in a 'Decorated Gothic' style, but retains some of the earlier building, including the 12th century chancel arch and Mediaeval grave slabs in the vestry and nave.[1] St Martin's is a Grade II* listed building.

Kirklevington
from Geograph (geograph)
Kirklevington Church and churchyard

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from http://www.kirklevingtoncom...
Welcome to the Church of St Martin and St Hilary in Kirklevington

Added by
Simon Cotterill
from https://historicengland.org...
CHURCH OF ST MARTIN - Kirklevington - List Entry
- "1882-3. Decorated Gothic style. Built on the site of, and retaining the chancel arch and south doorway of a C12 church, also the c13 chancel, with upper part of east ...

Added by
Simon Cotterill

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.



List number: 1329828
List grade: 2*
Grid ref: NZ4317309860
District: Tees Valley
Post code: TS15 9LQ

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES