Brusselton Colliery (1834 - 1968)
Brusselton Colliery was opened in 1834. In the early 1900s it was owned by Bolckow, Vaughan & Co. Ltd. In 1902 there were 232 people employed at the colliery (196 working below ground and 36 working on the surface). The colliery had a branch line connected to the Stockton and Darlington railway (dismantled by 1939). Brusselton Colliery closed on the 7th of June 1968.