Topics > Cumbria > Brocklebank

Brocklebank


Brocklebank is a hamlet in the Allerdale district of Cumbria, located about 5 miles south-east of Wigton and 2 miles north-west of Caldbeck. The settlement includes Town Head Farm and a few dwellings located along the minor road between Caldbeck and Wigton. There are disused quarries here and Hill Top Transmitter is located nearby on Sandale Hill. Brocklebank is part of Westward Civil Parish. Historically, Brocklebank with Stoneraise was a township, in the ancient parish of Westward in the old country of Cumberland.

Cumbria Westward Civil Parish Caldbeck Brocklebank with Stoneraise Township, 1848
from Geograph (geograph)
Town Head Farm, Brocklebank

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
Brocklebank Quarry

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
Caldbeck Transmitting Station

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
Brocklebank with Stoneraise Township, 1848
  Co-Curate Page
Brocklebank with Stoneraise Township, 1848
- BROCKLEBANK, with Stoneraise, a township, in the parish of Westward, union of Wigton, Allerdale ward below Derwent, W. division of Cumberland, 5½ miles (S. E.) from Wigton; containing 617 inhabitants. ...

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.



ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES