Boulmer with Seaton-House township, 1848
BOULMER, with Seaton-House, a township, in the parish of Long Houghton, union of Alnwick, S. division of Bambrough ward, N. division of Northumberland, 5 miles (E. by N.) from Alnwick; containing 153 inhabitants. The township comprises 363a. 1p., all arable land, with the exception of about 30 acres of grass. The village is situated on the sea-shore, and is chiefly inhabited by fishermen, whose boats are moored in Boulmer bay, a natural basin (environed by rocks) 800 yards long and 400 broad, and the entrance to which is 12 feet deep at low water. Here is a coastguard station. The vicarial tithes have been commuted for £78. 19. 6., and the impropriate for £27. 12.
Extract from: A Topographical Dictionary of England comprising the several counties, cities, boroughs, corporate and market towns, parishes, and townships..... 7th Edition, by Samuel Lewis, London, 1848.