Blackwell is a suburb of Darlington, previously a separate village and township.
BLACKWELL, a township, in the parish and union of Darlington, S. E. division of Darlington ward, S. division of the county of Durham, 1¼ mile (S.W. by S.) from Darlington; containing 299 inhabitants. A stone bridge of three arches has been erected over the river Tees, which is navigable here; and a railway from Darlington to York passes in the vicinity. There is a place of worship for Wesleyans. The Grange, in the township, was the property and residence of George Allan, Esq., the ingenious antiquary.
Extract from: A Topographical Dictionary of England comprising the several counties, cities, boroughs, corporate and market towns, parishes, and townships..... 7th Edition, by Samuel Lewis, London, 1848.
Blackwell is a suburb in the borough of Darlington and the ceremonial county of County Durham, England. It is situated towards the edge of the West End of Darlington, beside the River Tees. Blackwell consists of large 1930s style semi-detached and detached houses, and private, newly built homes. Blackwell Grange is an 18th-century country house converted into a hotel.
Its sports facilities include The Blackwell Grange Golf Club, and Blackwell Meadows, home of Darlington RFC.