Black Horse, Monkseaton


The original Black Horse Inn in Monkseaton was built in 1793 as a two-storey stone building, with a third floor added later. In 1936 Monkseaton Urban District Council granted permission for the building to demolished and replaced by the building, which is still present today.[1]

from Geograph (geograph)
The Black Horse Public House, Monkseaton

Pinned by Pat Thomson
from Geograph (geograph)
Black Horse, Monkseaton (1958)

Pinned by Pat Thomson
from Flickr (flickr)
Black Horse Monkseaton at the time of 1936 rebuilding work 0

Pinned by Pat Thomson
from Flickr (flickr)
Monkseaton Village c 1850

Pinned by Pat Thomson
from Flickr (flickr)
Black Horse Monkseaton 1936 rebuilding work

Pinned by Pat Thomson
from https://www.theblackhorsemo...
The Black Horse Monkseaton
- Official Website of the pub, including a page on it's history.

Added by
Pat Thomson

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES