Bilton Township, 1848
BILTON, a township, in the parish of Lesbury, union of Alnwick, E. division of Coquetdale ward, N. division of Northumberland, 3 miles (S.E. by E.) from Alnwick; containing 121 inhabitants. This place lies on the south side of the river Aln. The impropriate tithes have been commuted for £188. 8.
Extract from: A Topographical Dictionary of England comprising the several counties, cities, boroughs, corporate and market towns, parishes, and townships..... 7th Edition, by Samuel Lewis, London, 1848.