Anick Grange Township, 1848
ANICK-GRANGE, a township, in the parish of St. John Lee, union of Hexham, S. division of Tindale ward and of Northumberland, l½ mile (E.N.E.) from Hexham; containing 40 inhabitants. It formerly belonged to the monastery of Hexham.
Extract from: A Topographical Dictionary of England comprising the several counties, cities, boroughs, corporate and market towns, parishes, and townships..... 7th Edition, by Samuel Lewis, London, 1848.