Topics > Cumbria > Civil Parishes in Cumbria > Arlecdon & Frizington Civil Parish > Whillymoor Township, 1848

Whillymoor Township, 1848


WHILLYMOOR, a township, in the parish of Arlecdon, union of Whitehaven, Allerdale ward above Derwent, W. division of Cumberland, 5½ miles (E.N.E.) from Whitehaven; containing 97 inhabitants, and comprising 1,889a. 3r. 15p. The tithes were commuted for land in 1819. Divine service is performed in a schoolroom erected in 1840 by subscription, aided by a grant from the National Society.

Extract from: A Topographical Dictionary of England comprising the several counties, cities, boroughs, corporate and market towns, parishes, and townships..... 7th Edition, by Samuel Lewis, London, 1848.

Arlecdon & Frizington Civil Parish Arlecdon Parish, 1848
from https://openlibrary.org/boo...
A topographical dictionary of England, Samuel Lewis, 7th Ed., 1848
- A topographical dictionary of England comprising the several counties, cities, boroughs, corporate and market towns, parishes, and townships, and the islands of Guernsey, Jersey, and Man, with historical and statistical ...

Added by
Simon Cotterill

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.


ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES