Topics > Tyne and Wear > Sunderland > Herrington > West Herrington, 1848
West Herrington, 1848
HERRINGTON, WEST, a township, in the parish and union of Houghton-Le-Spring, N. division of Easington ward and of the county of Durham, 4½ miles (S.W. by W.) from Sunderland; containing 343 inhabitants. The township comprises by admeasurement 937 acres, of which 603 are arable, 290 meadow and pasture, 32 woodland, and 12 waste.
Extract from: A Topographical Dictionary of England comprising the several counties, cities, boroughs, corporate and market towns, parishes, and townships..... 7th Edition, by Samuel Lewis, London, 1848.
Add a comment or share a memory.