War Memorial, Loftus
The war memorial in Loftus is a Celtic cross built on an elevated platform, reached by steps and surrounded by railings. The memorial, steps and railings were built in 1922 by W. Arrowsmith and B.J. Wormleighton. The memorial lists the names of 88 servicemen from the parish who lost their lives in the First World War. After the Second World War, the names of 37 local men who died in that conflict were added to the memorial. The memorial, steps and railings, along with a 19th century drinking fountain and trough by the steps, are Grade II listed.