Topics > Tees Valley > Walworth > Walworth Township, 1848
Walworth Township, 1848
WALWORTH, a township, in the parish of Heighington, union of Darlington, S.E. division of Darlington ward, S. division of the county of Durham, 4½ miles (N.W.) from Darlington; containing 152 inhabitants. It is divided into the two hamlets or districts of High and Low Walworth, in the former of which is Walworth Castle, beautifully situated. The tithes have been commuted for £261, of which £31 are payable to the vicar.
Extract from: A Topographical Dictionary of England comprising the several counties, cities, boroughs, corporate and market towns, parishes, and townships..... 7th Edition, by Samuel Lewis, London, 1848.
Add a comment or share a memory.