Topics > Northumberland > Embleton > Village Hall

Village Hall


Creighton Memorial Hall in Embleton, Northumberland, is reputedly the largest village hall in the county. It is named after Mandell Creighton, who was vicar Embleton from 1875 to 1884, and later went on to become Bishop of London. It was opened by his widow in 1903. Originally built as a working men’s club, it is now a well used community hall. Creighton Memorial Hall has been a registered charity since April 1964.

Embleton Historic Buildings and Monuments in Embleton Civil Parish 1903
from Geograph (geograph)
The Creighton Memorial Hall, Embleton

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
Embleton Village Hall

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from https://www.facebook.com/Cr...
Creighton Memorial Hall - Facebook pages

Added by
Simon Cotterill
from https://commons.wikimedia.o...
Portrait of Mandell Creighton c.1902
- Portrait bt Hubert von Herkomer (1849–1914). Image available from the National Portrait Gallery under a Creative Commons BY-NC-ND licence.

Added by
Simon Cotterill

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.



Charity number: 222153
Post code: NE66 3UP
County: Northumberland
Grid ref: NU231223

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES