Topics > Northumberland > Tillmouth


Tillmouth House here, was originally a school and schoolmaster's house, built in 1879. Tillmouth Park Hotel, a house by Charles Barry jnr, built in 1882. With landscaped grounds - Tillmouth Park.

Northumberland Cornhill-on-Tweed Civil Parish Norhamshire, 1855
from Geograph (geograph)
The Old School House, Tillmouth

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
Victorian postbox, Tillmouth Park

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
Norhamshire, 1855
  Co-Curate Page
Norhamshire, 1855
- Extract from: History, Topography, and Directory of Northumberland...Whellan, William, & Co, 1855. NORHAMSHIRE   NORHAM, or NORHAMSHIRE, is a parish co-extensive with the hundred of the same name, and forming, …
Tillmouth deserted medieval village (Cornhill-on-Tweed)
- "There is documentary evidence for a tower and a village at Tillmouth from the 15th century. All that remains today are narrow ditches visible as faint cropmarks on aerial photographs...."

Added by
Simon Cotterill


Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.


Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.