Topics > Northumberland > Holy Island > The Ship, Public House

The Ship, Public House


An 18th century inn on Holy Island. Formerly the Northumberland Arms, it was renamed "The Ship", after renovations in 1995. The Ship is a Grade II Listed building.

Holy Island Grade II Listed Historic Buildings and Monuments on Holy Island Public Houses
from Geograph (geograph)
The Ship public house, Holy Island

Pinned by Pat Thomson
from Geograph (geograph)
Sign for The Ship public house, Holy Island

Pinned by Pat Thomson
from Geograph (geograph)
The Ship pub

Pinned by Pat Thomson
from Geograph (geograph)
The Ship, Holy Island

Pinned by Pat Thomson
from https://historicengland.org...
NORTHUMBERLAND ARMS - Holy Island - List Entry
- "Inn. C18. Rendered with old pantiled roof and rebuilt brick chimneys. 2 storeys, 3 bays, Central 5-panelled door with fanlight in open-pedimented doorcase. Flanking C20 12-pane sashes..."

Added by
Pat Thomson
from Geograph (geograph)
The Ship, Holy Island

Pinned by Pat Thomson
from https://communities.northum...
Holy Island, Northumberland Arms (c. 1910)
- Photo from Northumberland Communities, a project by the Archives Service of Northumberland County Council, 2001.

Added by
Pat Thomson
from Flickr (flickr)
The Ship Inn

Pinned by Simon Cotterill

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.



List number: 1155506
List grade: 2
County: Northumberland
Grid ref: NU1270041994

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES