The Queens Head
The Queens Head is located on the High Street in Rothbury. It was built in 1792 and originally known as the Golden Fleece. In 1837 it was renamed The Queens Head to commemorate the accession of Queen Victoria to the throne. In 1877 the then proprietor, Mrs Temple, bought the old building next door and rebuilt it to extend The Queens Head into a hotel.