Slaggyford is a village in Northumberland, England on the A689 road about 4 miles (6 km) north of Alston, Cumbria.
The Maiden Way Roman road passes through Slaggyford. The A689 road follows the line of the Roman road for a few hundred yards on the way south out of the village.
Slaggyford is in the parliamentary constituency of Hexham.
Slaggyford was served by Slaggyford Railway Station on the Alston Line from Haltwhistle to Alston. The line opened in 1852 and closed in 1976.
Since 1983 a narrow gauge railway has opened on part of the original track bed. The railway, is called the South Tynedale Railway, and is a 2-foot (0.61 m) gauge line and currently runs 3.5 miles (5.0 km) from Alston to a station at Lintley and includes crossing a viaduct over the River South Tyne.
Efforts have been made to extend the line to Slaggyford. A decision regarding funding for this project was received in early 2014 and it is expected that work will be completed ready to run the first train back to Slaggyford in Spring 2017.