Riplington is a hamlet in Northumberland, located about 1 mile north-west of the village of Whalton. Today Riplington consists of a farmstead and a cottage. A village was recorded here in 1242, but this had reduced to just 3 dwellings by 1666. In the 19th century Riplington was a township in the ancient parish of Whalton.
RIPLINGTON, a township, in the parish of Whalton, union and W. division of Castle ward, S. division of Northumberland, 7½ miles (W.S.W.) from the town of Morpeth; containing 30 inhabitants. In 1560 Queen Elizabeth had a moiety of the lands, and since that date property has been held here by the families of Heron, Grey, Cook, and Teasdale. The township comprises 377 acres, and is on the western verge of Castle ward: the hamlet stands on a sweep of the ridge upon which Whalton is situated. A small modus is paid in lieu of tithes.