CHURCH OF ST JOHN AND ADJOINING COMMUNITY HALL - Workington - List Entry

  • Description

    "Chapel of ease, now parish church and community hall. 1822-23 by Thomas Hardwick with 1846 and 1888 additions. Hammer-dressed calciferous sandstone, from Schoose and Hunday Quarries, with ashlar eaves, pilasters and plinth. Graduated green-slate roof with modillioned overhanging eaves and gable pediments.....The church was built in the style of St Paul's, Covent Garden at the cost of £10,000, by the architect who restored that church...."
  • Owner

    Historic England
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1138257
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Edmund Anon
    Last modified: 10 months, 3 weeks ago
    Viewed: 78 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES