DescriptionSouth Shields 204 and Rotherham 37 standing outside the Depot at the Trolleybus Museum at Sandtoft. Both vehicles entered passenger service on the museum's trolleybus circuit later in the day. South Shields 204 is a Weymann-bodied Karrier E4 which entered service in 1937. When it was withdrawn in 1963 it was donated to the Reading Trolleybus Society, one of the four organisations which went on to found the Trolleybus Museum. Rotherham 37 started life as a single-deck Daimler CTE6 in 1950. Rotherham withdrew some of its less profitable trolleybus routes in the 1950s and rebodied some single-decks so they could be used on the busier routes; 37 gained a 70-seater Roe body in 1956 and ran until the last day of Rotherham trolleybuses in October 1965.
LicenseWhat does this mean? Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs License
Further informationLink: https://www.flickr.com/photos/29093311@N03/5994313062/
Resource type: Image
Added by: Simon Cotterill
Last modified: 3 years, 6 months ago
Viewed: 282 times
Picture Taken: 2011-07-30T13:34:25