Description"St Peter’s Church was dedicated on St Peter’s Day, 29th June 1865. It was built partly with the profits from the iron mines and is known locally as The Iron Church. It is a simple structure, with a small bell tower and a South porch, and stands high above the villages of Askam and Ireleth, overlooking the Duddon Estuary and the Irish Sea." Photo by Rude Health , 2014.
LicenseWhat does this mean? Creative Commons License
Further informationLink: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/4602255
Resource type: Image
Added by: Simon Cotterill
Last modified: 2 years, 10 months ago
Viewed: 155 times
Picture Taken: 2014-08-13