CHURCH OF ST GEORGE - Millom - List Entry

  • Description

    "Church. 1874-7. By Paley and Austin. Dressed stone with ashlar dressings and slate roofs. Nave with gabled (ritual) north aisle (ritual north is actual west), central tower with north transepts, south vestry, chancel. Sill courses and coped gables; decorated tracery. 4-bay nave has 2-light north windows and eastern window of 3 lights; 2 weathered buttresses; similar windows to aisle. West end has 5-light nave window under relieving arch...."
  • Owner

    Historic England
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1065710
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Edmund Anon
    Last modified: 8 months, 3 weeks ago
    Viewed: 47 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES