CHURCH OF ST CUTHBERT - Elsdon - List Entry

  • Description

    "Parish church. C12, C14 and C16 or early C17. Restored 1837 and again in 1877 by F.R. Wilson. Random rubble and squared stone with Welsh slate roof.....Interior: In west wall a high blocked tower arch with hoodmould of heavy square section - probably C12 re-set as pointed arch. 4-bay nave arcades; C12 west responds. Elsewhere C14 arches with octagonal piers and moulded capitals; 2nd south pier has foliage carving in the capital; double-chamfered arches...."
  • Owner

    Historic England
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1155072
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 5 years, 8 months ago
    Viewed: 346 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES