Points Bridge at Hagg Bank

  • Description

    "Hagg Bank Bridge (known locally as Points Bridge) is an early example of an arch suspension bridge. It was built in 1876 by the Scotswood, Newburn & Wylam Railway Company. The bridge allowed trains to cross the river from North Wylam Station to join the Newcastle to Carlisle line at West Wylam Junction. The Tyne bridge in Newcastle (1928) and the Sydney Harbour Bridge in Australia (1932) followed with similar designs." Photo by Andrew Curtis, 2003.
  • Owner

    Andrew Curtis
  • Source

    Geograph (Geograph)
  • License

    What does this mean? Creative Commons License
  • Further information

    Link: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/1726718
    Resource type: Image
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 1 year, 4 months ago
    Viewed: 90 times
    Picture Taken: 2003-08-23
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES