CHURCH OF ST MARY - Dalton-in-Furness - List Entry

  • Description

    "Church on site of earlier church. 1882-5. By Paley and Austin. Snecked red sandstone with ashlar dressings, graduated green slate roof. 6-bay nave with separately-roofed aisles; 3-stage tower over west end of nave, porches to north and south; 2-bay chancel with north vestry and south chapel. Gothic Revival style with Decorated tracery. Chamfered plinth; iron gutter brackets.... C14 font beneath tower with crozier on shield and 7 pairs of shields on the other sides. c1885 semi-octagonal wooden pulpit on base corbelled from chancel-arch pier (gift of Edward Wadham of Millwood). Stained glass: C15 fragments in north porch. Mid-late C19 glass includes: north-aisle window, the gift of Henry Schneider in memory of his wife Augusta (d.1862)...."
  • Owner

    Historic England
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1209758
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 1 year, 10 months ago
    Viewed: 92 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES