Dji Phantom FPV Gleaston Castle

  • Description

    Gleaston castle was started c1325 by John de Harrington as protection against Scottish raids. However, it was never finished and left to its own devices after 1458 when owner Sir William Harrington died. It then came into the ownership of the Grey family (of Lady Jane Grey fame) who left it to its own. By 1540 it was a ruin. Gleaston Castle view by Graeme DougalLater the 3rd marquis of Dorset purchased the castle and land and one of the southern towers were renovated to live in. It was a dwelling during the 17th century, but by the 1800s it was again ruined. It was purchased in 1920 by a farmer. Little remains today except for the ruins of three towers and some perimeter wall
  • Owner

    Dave white
  • Source

    Youtube (Youtube)
  • License

    What does this mean? Standard Youtube License
  • Further information

    Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJ4Vt9sE1RU
    Resource type: Video
    Added by: Edmund Anon
    Last modified: 5 years, 9 months ago
    Viewed: 511 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES