CHURCH OF ST GEORGE - Barrow - List Entry

  • Description

    "Church. 1859-61. By EG Paley, patrons the Duke of Buccleuch and Duke of Devonshire; north aisle of 1867; chapel added 1883, patron Sir James Ramsden. Dry-jointed slate with red ashlar sandstone quoins and dressings; graduated slate roofs. Orientated north-east/south-west; ritual orientation used here. 5-bay nave with separately-roofed aisles, south porch, west porch and 3-stage tower at west end of south aisle..."
  • Owner

    Historic England
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1201077
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Edmund Anon
    Last modified: 3 years, 10 months ago
    Viewed: 279 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES