CHURCH OF THE HOLY TRINITY - Kendal - List Entry

  • Description

    "Parish Church. Established by 1232 (date on indulgence issued for fabric repairs); later medieval additions. Comprehensive C19 restorations in Perpendicular style. Earlier masonry coursed, squared, rubble; later work snecked rubble. Chamfered plinths and stepped buttresses. Graduated slate roofs with gargoyles and pinnacles. Rectangular plan with double aisles; chancel and west tower incorporated internally. West porch; 1934...."
  • Owner

    Historic England
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1319009
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Pat Thomson
    Last modified: 5 years, 8 months ago
    Viewed: 428 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES