Milburn House - Side, Newcastle

  • Description

    Milburn House is a large office block in Newcastle, designed to a Free Baroque style by Oliver, Leeson and Wood, built 1902 to 1905. It is a triangular layout with it's east side on Dean Street, west on Side (street), and north side by St Nicholas' Cathedral / Amen Corner. The part of the building on the steep slope of Side (street) has a varying numbers of floors and 4 entrances; the highest bay has a large sundial; the bay next to this has a commemorative bust of Admiral Lord Collingwood who once lived in a house on this site. Milburn House is a Grade II listed building.
  • Owner

    Simon_Cotterill
  • Source

    Flickr (Flickr)
  • License

    What does this mean? Public Domain Dedication (CC0)
  • Further information

    Link: https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1900/29831326567_ca43e96990.jpg
    Alternate Link: https://www.flickr.com/photos/137828720@N06/29831326567/
    Resource type: Image
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 1 year ago
    Viewed: 83 times
    Picture Taken: 2018-09-18T12:37:44
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES