The former vicarage to St Mary's Church

  • Description

    "Built in the 1780's. The two white windows are evidence of avoidance of the window tax to raise money to fight the American War of Independence. This building is now part of Red House School." Photo by Carol Rose, 2007.
  • Owner

    Carol Rose
  • Source

    Geograph (Geograph)
  • License

    What does this mean? Creative Commons License
  • Further information

    Link: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/483594
    Resource type: Image
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 2 years, 1 month ago
    Viewed: 127 times
    Picture Taken: 2007-07-01
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES