Description"The woodland marks the site of the remains of St. Thomas a Becket's Church. The Church was last used in 1849 and the intervening years have let the woodland take a firm hold of the site. The Church is still partial standing but only a few brief glimpses are afforded by the trees This site: http://www.wynyardwoodlandpark.org.uk/GrindonChurch-ShortHistory.htm has an excellent history of the church." Photo by Graham Scarborough, 2009.
LicenseWhat does this mean? Creative Commons License
Further informationLink: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/1500544
Resource type: Image
Added by: Simon Cotterill
Last modified: 5 years ago
Viewed: 376 times
Picture Taken: 2009-09-20